The perfect, healthy, Easter roast chook recipe Argentinian roast chicken with chimichurri
This is a great 30 minute recipe for the Easter long weekend. It’s simple, quick and delicious!
Chimichurri is an Argentinian dressing made from fresh herbs, spices, garlic and red wine vinegar. It pairs perfectly with steak or roast chicken. This recipe uses free range chicken breasts and comes with a side of roasted new season chat potatoes and a garden salad.
2 x 180g of free range chicken breast (skin on or off)
2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
5 sprigs of parsley
1 x garlic clove
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
400g of chat potatoes
1 red onion
50g of mixed leaf salad
Start by grouping and preparing your ingredients into each of the components of the dish. Rinse vegetables and herbs.
- Preheat oven to 200ºc on fan bake. In a bowl, combine the chicken with a good drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Quarter the potatoes and place in water. Once it is boiling, cook for 10 minutes. Drain and shake to rough the skins. Add a good drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray and pop in the oven.
- Place the chicken in a tray. Place the tray on the middle rack in the oven. Roast for 18 to 20 minutes, until the chicken and potatoes are golden. Remove and allow to rest.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the red wine vinegar, roughly chopped herbs, garlic, chili, cumin and salt in a food processor. Add 50ml of olive oil and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can finely chop the ingredients and combine in a bowl.
Halve the cherry tomatoes and thinly slice the red onion (use amount to your taste). Combine in a bowl with the mixed leaf salad and drizzle with a quarter of the chimichurri sauce. Toss to combine.
- Plate the chicken with the potatoes, and add a drizzle of chimichurri. Serve with salad.
Special offer: Enter the code JUICEDAILY at The Cook’s Grocer online checkout to receive a $30 discount.
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website