Vegetarian minestrone with parmesan crisps
Great as a midweek dinner or weekend lunch, this autumn inspired soup is packed full of green goodness. Made using leeks, celery, green beans, white beans, zucchini, baby spinach and finished with basil and moorish parmesan crisps. “This dish combines some of my all time favourite autumn veg with a hit of parmesan. Flavourful, fresh and nutritious,” said Carla (co-founder of Bodypass). This dish is also vegetarian, gluten free and sugar free.
2 medium zucchini
150g green beans
1 cup baby spinach
1 litre organic or homemade vegetable stock
1 stick celery
50g fresh shaved parmesan
1 tin cannellini beans
1 handful basil
Start by grouping and preparing your ingredients into each of the components of the dish. Rinse vegetables and herbs.
- Preheat oven to 220ºC on fan bake.
- Quarter the zucchini length ways and then chop into 1cm pieces. Finely slice the leek and celery. Top and tail the beans then cut into thirds.
- Rinse and drain the cannellini beans.
- Remove leaves from basil and chop finely.
- Arrange shaved parmesan into even thin circles on a lined baking tray and place in the oven on the middle rack for 4-5 minutes until crisp. Alternatively, place parmesan circles onto baking paper and microwave for 1 minute.
- Heat a heavy based pot with a lid onto a medium to high heat with a good drizzle of olive oil.
- Add leek and celery and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the zuchhini and season with salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add stock, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add green beans and drained cannellini beans and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir through spinach and finely chopped basil leaves.
- Ladle soup evenly into bowls. Serve parmesan crisps on side or crumble over.
Special Offer: Enter the code GET30OFF at The Cook’s Grocer online checkout to receive a $30 discount OFF your first order.
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website