Balsamic roast vegetables with chickpeas and quinoa
If you’re on the lookout for more meat-free-meal ideas, this recipe has you covered. Made with sweet balsamic glazed roasted pumpkin, fetta and protein-rich quinoa it’s both delicious and satisfying.
3/4 cup quinoa (125g)
300g butternut pumpkin
1 red onion
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tin chickpeas
2 sprigs parsley
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
120g feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 200ºC on fan bake.
- Using absorption method, place quinoa in a saucepan and cover with 1.5 cups of cold water. Bring to the boil then simmer until water has completely absorbed. Cover with a lid and remove from the heat and set aside for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking/resting, cut the pumpkin and onion into wedges. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, then pour balsamic vinegar over vegetables, toss and roast for a further 5 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- In a bowl combine the quinoa, chickpeas, roughly chopped parsley and combine. Top with pumpkin, onions, crumbled feta and chilli flakes. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
ABOUT THE COOK’S GROCER
The Cook’s Grocer makes cooking easy. Each week they produce a menu of healthy, ready to cook meals containing the finest locally sourced ingredients and simple to follow recipes, all designed to be to cooked in 30 minutes. Each meal is hand packed and measured to exact portions ensuring the highest quality and no waste.
Get $35 off your first order with code SAVE35
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website