BEST SNACK: Lime and pistachio muffins
Not all muffins are created equal. This delicious recipe by Bodypass co-founder, Carla McMillan, provides a healthy alternative to store bought muffins. Refined-sugar free and gluten free, these muffins are the ultimate snack when you’re on the go.
1 cup grated zucchini (two or three)
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup buckwheat flour
½ cup almond meal
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup coconut sugar
½ cup coconut oil
2 eggs (for a dairy free alternative use a flax-egg)
1/4 cup coconut yoghurt
Juice of 1 lime
½ cup of pistachio nuts
Note: you can top the muffins with coconut yogurt, pistachio nuts and grated lime zest – add as little or as much as you like!
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius and grease a muffin tray (makes around 10-12 muffins)
- Grate the zucchini and place it into a large mixing bowl.
- Add coconut flour, buckwheat flour and almond meal into the bowl.
- Add salt, bicarb soda and cinnamon.
- Crack the two eggs into the bowl, add the coconut oil and 1/4 cup of coconut yoghurt.
- Squeeze the lime into the bowl and mix everything together until well combined.
- Evenly scoop the mix into the muffin tray.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once muffins have cooled, top them with coconut yoghurt, pistachios and lime zest.
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website