Chicken nicoise salad recipe
We’ve given the tuna niçoise a twist by using chicken to create a lean veggie-packed salad that’s bursting with colour. Perfect for a light dinner or weekend lunch.
20 Minutes. Serves 2.
2 x 180g free range chicken breasts
250g chat potatoes
1 cup green beans
1 small red onion
10 cherry tomatoes
1 baby cos lettuce
10 – 12 pitted Kalamata olives
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Cut potatoes into thick slices. Top, tail then halve the beans. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Peel and finely slice the onion. Roughly chop the lettuce.
- Cook potatoes in the boiling water for 5 – 6 minutes. Once almost cooked add the green beans for the final minute. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Combine chicken with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Heat a large non-stick fry pan or grill pan to a medium to high heat. Place chicken into the pan and cook for 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes. Remove from the pan, cover with foil and rest.
- In a small bowl whisk juice of the lemon, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss together with all the veg.
- Slice chicken. Divide salad among plates then top with chicken.
ABOUT THE COOK’S GROCER
The Cook’s Grocer makes cooking easy. Each week they produce a menu of healthy, ready to cook meals containing the finest locally sourced ingredients and simple to follow recipes, all designed to be to cooked in 30 minutes. Each meal is hand packed and measured to exact portions ensuring the highest quality and no waste.
Get $35 off your first order with code SAVE35
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website