Coconut chicken broth with asparagus and zoodles
This recipe may be easy to make but there is nothing simple about the flavours. Made with a classic green curry paste to create a fragrant broth and finished with a big serve of zucchini noodles, snow peas, asparagus and grilled chicken.
20 Minutes. Serves 2.
2 x 180g free range chicken breasts
1 tbsp good quality green curry paste (40g)
100g snow peas
400ml tin coconut milk
150ml natural chicken stock
1 bunch asparagus
- Prepare vegetables. Top and tail snow peas and thinly slice length-ways. Use a peeler or zoodler to make zucchini ribbons. Cut the asparagus into 3cm lengths on an angle. Discard the woody ends.
- In a bowl combine chicken with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick fry pan or grill pan on a medium to high heat.
- Place chicken into the pan and cook for 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes. Remove from the pan, cover with foil and rest.
- Bring a medium sized pot to a high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the curry paste and stir for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and stock. Stir well until paste has dissolved. Reduce heat to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, season with salt and pepper and stir well. Cook for a further minute then remove from heat.
- Ladle broth and veg into deep bowls. Finely slice the chicken and place on top. Serve hot!
Have this meal delivered
- Each week Good Food and The Cook’s Grocer partner with Sydney’s top restaurants, chefs, nutritionists and cookbook authors to design a new menu of 30 minute, ready to cook meals. All meals are delivered to your door with easy to follow recipes and market fresh ingredients, perfectly portioned to ensure there is no waste. All you need is olive oil, salt and pepper.
Get $30 off your first order with code: GOODFOOD
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website