Free range pork and noodle san choy bau
This healthy san choy bau recipe will win over even the fussiest of eaters… Made with free range pork mince, seasonal vegetables and vermicelli noodles.
20 Minutes. Serves 2.
400g free range premium pork mince
2cm piece of ginger
2 garlic cloves
10 button mushrooms
1 stick celery
100g vermicelli noodles
2 spring onion
3 sprigs coriander
1 iceberg lettuce
1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
¼ teaspoon sugar
- Put the noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water from kettle and set aside for 5 minutes or until tender. Taste to check, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Trim the lettuce from the stalk to loosen leaves and create cups. Rinse and place in a bowl covered in cling wrap.
- Peel and grate the ginger. Finely chop the garlic, celery and spring onions. Halve and finely slice the mushrooms. Peel and grate the carrot. Roughly chop the coriander. Set aside.
- Heat wok or pan over a high heat with a tablespoon of oil. Add celery, ginger, garlic and half of the spring onions. Stir-fry for 20 seconds. Add carrot and mushrooms, cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the pork mince and stir fry. Break up the mince as it browns. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes then add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar and sugar. Season with salt and pepper and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Finally, add the drained noodles and half of the coriander. Mix well and remove from the heat.
- Divide the pork mince mixture between the lettuce cups and garnish with the remaining spring onion and coriander.
Have this meal delivered
Each week Good Food and The Cook’s Grocer partner with Sydney’s top restaurants, chefs, nutritionists and cookbook authors to design a new menu of 30 minute, ready to cook meals. All meals are delivered to your door with easy to follow recipes and market fresh ingredients, perfectly portioned to ensure there is no waste. All you need is olive oil, salt and pepper. Get $30 off your first order with code: GOODFOOD
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website