Healthy no-butter chicken curry
Learn to make a lighter, healthier version of the classic Indian butter chicken in just 30 minutes. Made with free range chicken breasts, an authentic spice mix and natural yoghurt.
30 Minutes. Gluten Free. Serves 2.
2 x180g fee range chicken breasts
1 medium brown onion
2cm piece of ginger
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tin chopped tomatoes
120g natural plain yoghurt
3/4 cup long grain rice
- Using absorption method, cook rice. Place the rice in saucepan with 1.5 cups of cold water. Bring to the boil until liquid is completely absorbed. Cover pot. Remove from heat and set aside minimum 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork to serve.
- While the rice is cooking, finely dice onion. Crush the garlic. Peel and grate the ginger. Cut chicken into large bite size pieces.
- Heat a pan to medium heat with a good drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add spice mix and stir to coat onions.
- Add tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, season with salt and stir well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to a food processor, blitz sauce until smooth.
- Bring the same pot back to medium heat and add a good drizzle of olive oil.
- Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until white all over.
- Pour sauce back into the pan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir through yoghurt.
- Serve curry over rice.
ABOUT THE COOK’S GROCER
The Cook’s Grocer makes cooking easy. Each week they produce a menu of healthy, ready to cook meals containing the finest locally sourced ingredients and simple to follow recipes, all designed to be to cooked in 30 minutes. Each meal is hand packed and measured to exact portions ensuring the highest quality and no waste.
Get $35 off your first order with code SAVE35
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website