Irresistible chocolate and orange tart
For the base
2 ½ cups desiccated coconut
½ tsp vanilla bean powder
½ tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp coconut oil
Pinch of salt
½ tsp liquid stevia
For the filling
Zest and juice of 2 oranges
1/4 tsp liquid stevia (or to taste)
3 eggs (free range and organic)
6 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp cacao butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees celsius.
- Blend all of the base ingredients in food processor.
- Line the base of a pie pan with non-stick paper. Press base mixture into the pan and up the sides about 1 cm high. Make sure its packed down and firm.
- Bake the base until golden brown, then remove from oven to cool down.
- To make the filling, whisk eggs in a saucepan. Add coconut oil and place on a low heat until oil is melted into eggs while stirring constantly to avoid the eggs clumping.
- Once melted, add orange juice, orange zest, cacao and stevia. Keep stirring until the mixture starts to get silky. Avoid it getting too thick as the oil will separate.
- Take off heat. Press the mixture through a strainer into the cooled base, leaving only zest in the strainer. (Be sure to scrape the filling off the bottom of the strainer!)
- Shake the pan until the filling covers the whole base evenly.
- Place in the fridge to set (approximately 2 hours).
- Serve with grated orange zest on top.
This recipe is from The Glow Kitchen
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website