Korea’s most popular dish: Vegetarian Bibimbap
Bibimbap is Korea’s most popular dish. Made with cooked rice and an assortment of vegetables and an egg, all stirred together just before eating. A flavoursome, healthful bowl of colour, textures, and flavours.
30 minutes. Serves 2.
1 cup long grain rice
50g baby spinach
1 brown onion
2 garlic cloves
2 free range eggs
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 long red chilli
- Using absorption method, cook the rice. Place the rice in a small saucepan with 2 cups of cold water. Bring to the boil until the water has completely absorbed. Cover pot, remove from heat and set aside for minimum of 15 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, crush garlic, cut the mushrooms into quarters and peel and thinly slice the onion. Finely chop the chilli and grate carrot.
- In a bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oil, crushed garlic and chilli (optional / to your taste). Mix well.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan with drizzle of olive oil on a medium to high heat. Add mushrooms and onion. Sauté for 1 minute then add ¾ of pre mixed sauce. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Remove from pan and cover with foil to keep hot.
- Place pan back on the heat. Add spinach, remaining sauce mix and a tablespoon of boiling water. Sauté until the spinach has wilted.
- Place rice at the base of a bowl then place the spinach, mushrooms and carrot separately, creating sections within the bowl. Top with the yolk of an egg. Mix well and serve hot.
Have this meal delivered
Each week Good Food and The Cook’s Grocer partner with Sydney’s top restaurants, chefs, nutritionists and cookbook authors to design a new menu of 30 minute, ready to cook meals. All meals are delivered to your door with easy to follow recipes and market fresh ingredients, perfectly portioned to ensure there is no waste. All you need is olive oil, salt and pepper.
Get $30 off your first order with code: GOODFOOD
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website