Roast lamb with fennel, zucchini and corn salad
Making the most of the very best new season ingredients, this roast lamb salad makes for a fantastic weeknight dinner or weekend lunch. Made with spring roasted lamb, finely sliced vegetables and finished with a herby dressing.
30 Minutes. Serves 2.
400g butterflied lamb leg
1 medium fennel bulb
2 sprigs mint
2 sprigs parsley
¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
2 corn cobs
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Rub lamb with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place a fry pan on a high heat. When hot (not smoking hot) sear lamb on each side for 2 to 3 minutes. Place the lamb in the oven and roast for 8 minutes for rare or 10 to 12 minutes for well done.
- Once cooked, remove lamb from tray and cover with foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Remove husk from corn cobs. Once water is boiling, cook corn for 5 minutes. Cut kernels from cobs. Finely slice the fennel and zucchini. Use a mandolin if you have one. Place in salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, remove leaves of mint and parsley then finely chop. Place in a small bowl with a generous drizzle of olive oil, juice of the lemon, chilli flakes (to your taste), salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Thinly slice lamb once its finished resting. Toss with salad and dressing to finish.
Have this meal delivered
Each week Good Food and The Cook’s Grocer partner with Sydney’s top restaurants, chefs, nutritionists and cookbook authors to design a new menu of 30 minute, ready to cook meals. All meals are delivered to your door with easy to follow recipes and market fresh ingredients, perfectly portioned to ensure there is no waste. All you need is olive oil, salt and pepper.
Get $30 off your first order with code: GOODFOOD
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website