Shakshuka with feta, dukka and rocket
Looking for a nutritious brunch or light dinner dish to cook over the holidays? This Shakshuka recipe by The Cook’s Grocer is packed with protein, vitamin C, vitamin A and antioxidants. It will leave you feeling satisfied and full of energy.
1 red capsicum
1 brown onion
3 cloves of garlic
2 tbsps of dukka
1 tin of crushed tomatoes
4 free range eggs
2 slices of sourdough bread
- Finely slice the onion and capsicum.
- Crush garlic and crumble the feta.
- Heat a medium sized non-stick pan over a medium head. Add enough olive oil to cover the base and sauté the onion, capsicum and garlic with 1.5 tablespoons of the dukka for five minutes until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and feta, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and cook for two to three minutes.
- Make four wells and crack an egg into each well. Cover with a lid and cook for six to eight minutes until each egg has set to your taste.
- Heat your oven to 100ºC. Wrap the bread in foil and place it in the oven to warm.
- Plate the eggs and top with rocket, the remaining dukka and a squeeze of lemon. Serve with the warm bread.
Special offer: Enter the code JUICEDAILY at The Cook’s Grocer online checkout to receive a $30 discount.
To see what else is on the menu this week visit www.thecooksgrocer.com.au
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website