Simple sweet treat: coconut chocolate bounties
It’s okay to treat yourself once in a while. This recipe from yoga teacher and healthy cook, Carla McMillan, is a clever healthy twist on the classic Bounty bar. It tastes much naughtier than it is!
60g coconut butter
40g cacao powder
pinch of salt
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup creamed coconut
1/4 cup coconut oil
- Melt coconut butter in a bain maire on a medium heat.
- Once coconut butter is completely melted melted, add cacao powder, 40g of honey and salt. Stir until combined and then take off the heat to cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix the desiccated and shredded coconut, creamed coconut, coconut oil and 1 tbsp honey.
- Form into bite-sized bounties using a spoon and place onto a plate.
- Place the bounties into the freezer for half an hour or until they set hard.
- Dip the bounties into the chocolate coating.
- Depending on how cold the bounties are, the chocolate coat may set instantly. If not, place them in the fridge for an extra 10 minutes.
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website