Slow cooked pulled pork tortillas with smoked paprika mayo & guacamole
Gluten, dairy and preservative free.
1.5 kilogram pork neck
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
2 onions, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 cup water
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Pinch ground chillies
1 Egg yolk
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ cups olive oil
1 tablespoon whey (optional, will make mayo last longer)
¼ purple cabbage, finely sliced
¼ cabbage, finely sliced
1 bunch coriander, chopped
2 carrots, grated
1 ½ cups Chickpea flour
3 cups water
½ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
Olive oil (for frying)
- Combine paprika, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, cayenne pepper, ground cumin, ground coriander and salt.
- Score the pork 1cm deep all over, then rub with the marinade.
- Put onion and garlic in slow cooker, place pork on top and pour in any remaining marinade. Add 1 cup water. Cook on low for 8-12 hours. Remove, shred apart and place in serving dish once cooked.
Add all ingredients except olive oil to a food processor or blender. Slowly add olive oil as you blend. Set mayo aside to serve.
(Note: leave mayo to sit at room temperature for 8 hours before putting in fridge if you use whey as this will activate the enzymes).
Combine all slaw ingredients and set aside to serve in a bowl.
Mash avocadoes with a fork and add lime juice, set aside in a serving dish.
- Combine all ingredients, whisk until there are no lumps.
- Heat medium sized fry pan and pour in just enough batter to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook until brown on both sides. Repeat until you’ve used all the batter (makes approx. 12 medium sized tortillas).
This delicious recipe is courtesy of Oh My Goodness
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website