Spanish roast chicken with chorizo and rocket salad
Bringing together the flavours of Spain, this smoky, one tray roast makes for a brilliant midweek dinner packed with flavour, colour and texture. If you can, source quality free range chicken breasts and gluten free chorizo.
2 x 180g free range chicken breast (skin on if possible)
400g chat potatoes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 red onion
- Start by grouping and preparing your ingredients into each of the components of the dish. Rinse vegetables and herbs.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC on fan bake.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, a good drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well to coat and set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Quarter the potatoes and place in boiling water. Once boiling again, cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot. Add a good drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Shake to rough the skins. Place on a baking tray.
- Cut chorizo into 2cm pieces. Peel onion and cut into wedges. Place both on the baking tray with the potatoes and chicken.
- Sprinkle over the dried oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Grate the orange zest over the top and squeeze over the juice of half the orange. Place tray on middle rack in the oven.
- Roast for 18 – 20 minutes, until the chicken and potatoes are golden. Remove and allow to rest while you prepare the salad.
- Peel remaining half of orange and roughly chop. Combine with rocket, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Plate chicken with onions, potatoes, chorizo and top with salad.
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website