Spicy chicken with Thai basil, green beans and glass noodles
We LOVE creating these quick Thai dishes… They are simple to cook, packed full of flavour and just as healthy as they are delicious. Made with free range chicken mince, red onion, fresh green beans and glass noodles. Make it as spicy or as mild as you like!
20 Minutes. Serves 2.
400g free range chicken mince
1.5 tablespoons Thai seasoning
1 red onion
3 garlic cloves
1 – 3 birds eye chillies
150g green beans
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 sprigs Thai basil
2 x 50g packets of vermicelli noodles
- Fill kettle with water and boil.
- Put the noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiled water and soak for 5 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Crush garlic, thinly slice onion and finely slice the chilli (to taste). Top and tail beans then halve. Pick the leaves of the basil.
- Heat the wok or large pan to high and add a generous drizzle of olive oil when hot.
- Once hot add chicken mince, Thai seasoning, crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes breaking up all the lumps as you cook.
- Add the onion and beans. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Next add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, chilli (to your taste) and mix to coat. Stir-fry for a further 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir through Thai basil leaves.
- Place noodles in bowls and top with chicken stir-fry. Serve hot.
Have this meal delivered
Each week Good Food and The Cook’s Grocer partner with Sydney’s top restaurants, chefs, nutritionists and cookbook authors to design a new menu of 30 minute, ready to cook meals. All meals are delivered to your door with easy to follow recipes and market fresh ingredients, perfectly portioned to ensure there is no waste. All you need is olive oil, salt and pepper.
Get $30 off your first order with code: GOODFOOD
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website