Spicy chicken with thai basil, green beans and glass noodles
We LOVE creating these quick Thai dishes. They are so simple to cook, packed full of flavour and just as healthy as they are tasty. Made with free range chicken, red onion, fresh green beans and glass noodles. We also give you loads of fresh thai basil to finish and as much chilli as you can handle. Do it!
400g free range chicken mince
1 small red onion
3 garlic cloves
2 red bird’s-eye chillies
150g green beans
1.5 tbsp fish sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
3 sprigs Thai basil
100g vermicelli noodles (glass noodles)
- Put the noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiled water from the kettle and soak for 5 minutes until tender. Taste to check, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Crush garlic, thinly slice onion and finely slice the chilli (to taste). Trim ends of beans and halve. Pick the leaves off the basil.
- Heat the wok or large pot to high and add a generous drizzle of olive oil when hot.
- Add the chicken, garlic and salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 2 minutes breaking up all the lumps as you cook. Add the onion and beans and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Next add the fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, chilli (to your taste) and mix to coat. Cook for a further 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir through Thai basil leaves.
- Place the noodles in bowls and top with chicken and serve immediately while it is hot.
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website