Gluten-free Thai beef salad
This super-tasty recipe is by Bodypass co-founder and nutritionist, Carla McMillan.
“Thai beef salad is one of my ultimate summer meals. The winning combination of a good quality steak, with a colourful salad and authentic Thai flavours, means that this dish is as healthy as it is delicious!” said Carla.
Make sure you ask your butcher for lean, grass fed rump steak.
300g of rump beef steak
6 cherry tomatoes
1 small red onion
4 baby corn
100g of beans
6 kale leaves
3 sprigs of coriander
1 long red chili
1tbsp of fish sauce
1tbsp of soy sauce
1/2 tbsp of maple syrup
- Remove the kale stalks and slice into 1cm strips.
- Cut corn into 1cm pieces on an angle.
- Place the kale stalks and corn pieces into a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling hot water and a pinch of salt.
- Drain after one minute, then rinse under cold water and set aside to dry.
- Trim the ends of the beans and cut into bite sized lengths on an angle.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes, pick the leaves off the coriander and finely slice a quarter of a red onion. Combine in a bowl.
- Whisk together the fish sauce, soy sauce and maple syrup with the juice of the lime, a drizzle of olive oil and finely diced chili. Then set aside.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the steak and then brush with olive oil.
- Heat a heavy based grill or fry pan to hot (not smoking hot). Cook for three minutes each side (medium).
- Remove the rump from the pan when it is cooked and cover loosely with foil for 2-3 minutes on a plate.
- Slice beef into thin strips and toss back through the juices on the plate.
- Add beef and the dressing to the salad and toss until well combined.
Special offer: Enter the code JUICEDAILY at The Cook’s Grocer online checkout to receive a $30 discount.
To see what else is on the menu this week visit www.thecooksgrocer.com.au
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website