TDF Chocolate ganache tart
Don’t panic. You’ve just died and gone to chocolate heaven. Isn’t it nice up here? This refined-sugar free tart is your ticket. Perfect for a long weekend of goodness.
1 cup pumpkin seeds
4 tbsp honey
4 tbsp rum
1 cup raspberries
2 tbsp chia seeds
8 drops stevia
100g raw cacao butter
50g coconut oil
50g raw cacao powder
50g raw honey
a pinch salt
- Line your tart dish with baking paper to start with because once the toffee starts to brown its time to move quick.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds in a baking tray in a 150 degree oven for 20 mins.
- In a hot frypan, heat the honey until it starts to bubble. Then add the rum. Gently shake the pan to move the toffee around. Once its starts to turn a dark golden brown, add the pumpkin seeds and stir through quickly. Once they are coated, pour them into the tart dish. Using a spoon (’cause it will be hot hot hot), spread the seeds evenly in the base of the dish coming up the sides to form the tart base. Then put in the fridge to set.
Mash the raspberies with a fork and stir through the chia seeds. Let sit for 15 mins. Then spread on top of the pumpkin seed base.
- In a bain marie (a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water), melt the cacao butter and coconut oil.
- Once melted, sift in the cacao powder and honey until completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and let cool in the fridge for about 10-15 mins until it starts to harden slightly.
- Stir thoroughly to pouring consistency then pour it on top of the chia jam and base.
Place in the fridge to set for about two hours. Remove from the fridge about 15 mins before serving and garnish with some fresh raspberries.
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website