The best summer salmon nicoise salad, ever
There is a very good reason nicoise is a classic French dish. The timeless combination of fish, eggs, potatoes and olives just works so well! And the great thing about this recipe is it takes just 20 minutes to cook.
As always, make sure you use the very best, fresh produce you can find. We recommend Tasmanian salmon and free-range eggs to pack this dish with anti oxidants, omega 3 and protein.
Super simple. Super healthy. Super quick. Super delicious.
2 x 180g Tasmanian salmon fillets
2 sprigs thyme
1 clove garlic
120g green beans
1/4 red onion
12 kalamata olives (pitted)
8 cherry tomatoes
2 free-range eggs
4 chat potatoes
40g mixed leaf salad
1.5 tbsp wholegrain mustard
Preheat oven and prepare salmon
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC on fan bake.
2. Fill your kettle and boil water.
3. On a lined or lightly oiled baking tray place salmon skin side down.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Coat with crushed garlic and thyme sprigs. Set aside.
Cook beans, potatoes and eggs
5. Place a medium saucepan filled with boiled water from kettle on a high heat. Top and tail beans and halve potatoes. Place beans in boiling water. Blanch for 1 – 2 minutes and remove from water with tongs. Run beans under cold water in colander. Set to a side to drain well.
6. Add the potatoes and using a large spoon gently place the eggs and boil for 6 – 7 minutes then remove and rinse under water to cool. Once potatoes are cooked (10 – 12 minutes) drain in colander and set aside to cool.
7. When oven is at 200ºC place salmon on the middle rack and bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
Make salad and dressing
8. While the salmon is baking, place the blanched green beans in a large bowl with a quarter of a red onion finely sliced, halved cherry tomatoes, lettuce, olives and potatoes.
9. In a small bowl whisk with a fork the seeded mustard, juice of the lemon (to taste), a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss.
10. Place salad on plate and top with the salmon. Remove shells from eggs, cut in half and place on top of salad.
See what else is on the menu this week at The Cook’s Grocer
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website