The best veggie salad ever
“My food philosophy is simple – lots of colours, lots of vegetables and lots of flavour,” says Carla, “Stick to this and you will always feel full, healthy and full of energy. I’ve designed this recipe so you can cook a satisfying dinner that will fill you up and make sure you jump out of bed in the morning.”
2 cobs of corn
1 long red chilli
2 sprigs coriander
2 sprigs mint
3 yellow squash
2 medium zucchini
2 tbsp toasted sunflower seeds
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
2 spring onions
1 x 300g firm tofu
1 tbsp tamari
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
Start by grouping and preparing your ingredients into each of the components of the dish. Rinse vegetables and herbs.
- Remove the husks from the corn and bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook until bright yellow and tender, about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Remove ends of the zucchini. Using a peeler or mandolin, carefully slice into long, thin ribbons. Rotate as you go. Use a zoodler if you have one.
- Trim ends of squash and thinly slice into rounds.
- Roughly chop mint and coriander leaves. Finely slice spring onions and chilli (to taste).
- Heat a nonstick fry pan to a medium high heat. Once hot, add a drizzle of olive oil. Slice tofu into 1.5cm thick pieces and pat dry with a paper towel. Place tofu in pan and cook for 5 minutes each side until golden.
- Cut kernels from cobs and place in a large bowl. Add zucchini, chopped herbs, spring onions, seeds and chilli (optional).
- In a bowl whisk together tamari, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, a drizzle of olive or coconut oil, juice of a lime, salt and pepper.
- To serve, place salad in bowls and top with tofu.
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website