Vegetarian winter stew with crusty sourdough
A simple recipe for a hearty, vegetarian winter stew that is big on flavour and packed with goodness. Made with an array of winter veg, crushed tomatoes and protein packed butter beans. Serve with warm, buttery pieces of sourdough.
30 Minutes. Vegetarian. A nourishing winter dinner. Serves 2.
1 brown onion
2 celery sticks
1 cup natural vegetable stock
400g tin crushed tomatoes
400g butter beans
2 sprigs parsley
1 sourdough loaf
- Preheat oven to 180ºC on fan bake.
- Prepare the vegetables. Finely dice the onion and celery. Roughly chop the parsley. Quarter parsnip and carrot then cut into 1 cm pieces. Rinse and drain the beans.
- Bring a pot to medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil and sauté the onion and celery for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the carrot, parsnip, beans, tomato, stock and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Warm bread by placing it in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with parsley. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and serve with warm buttered pieces of bread.
Have this meal delivered
Each week Good Food and The Cook’s Grocer partner with Sydney’s top restaurants, chefs, nutritionists and cookbook authors to design a new menu of 30 minute, ready to cook meals. All meals are delivered to your door with easy to follow recipes and market fresh ingredients, perfectly portioned to ensure there is no waste. All you need is olive oil, salt and pepper.
Get $30 off your first order with code: GOODFOOD
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website