Veggie fix: yellow Thai curry with brown rice
This no-fuss Thai vegetarian curry is big on flavour, high in fibre and loaded with goodness. To save you time, it uses a ready-made yellow curry paste, coconut milk and a load of colourful winter veg. Served with nutty brown rice, this is healthy winter comfort food at its best.
30 Minutes. Vegetarian. Serves 2.
- Place rice in a medium pot with 2 cups of water and bring to the boil. When the water starts to boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 25 minutes or until all the water has been completely absorbed. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for a further 5 to 10 minutes until done. Fluff with a fork.
- While the rice is cooking wash and prepare the vegetables. Halve the carrot and cut into 0.5cm half moons, halve the baby corn lengthways, quarter the mushrooms and trim the broccoli into small florets.
- Place saucepan (with a lid) on medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil and the curry paste. Sauté for 30 seconds and then add the coconut milk. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce and stir well.
- Add vegetables and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove pot from heat.
- To serve, place the rice into bowls and ladle over the curry.
Have this meal delivered
Each week Good Food and The Cook’s Grocer partner with Sydney’s top restaurants, chefs, nutritionists and cookbook authors to design a new menu of 30 minute, ready to cook meals. All meals are delivered to your door with easy to follow recipes and market fresh ingredients, perfectly portioned to ensure there is no waste. All you need is olive oil, salt and pepper.
Get $30 off your first order with code: GOODFOOD
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website