Warm cocoa porridge
Forget everything you remember about eating porridge as a child because this is definitely not your run of the mill gruel. This hearty porridge from Scott Gooding will bring you warmth and satisfaction with every mouthful and make those cold mornings all the more bearable.
- 400mls coconut cream
- 100 mls water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 banana – chopped
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Toasted nuts and berries to garnish
- Pour the coconut cream into a saucepan on low heat.
- Pour 100mls of water into the empty cream can, swill it around and add it to the saucepan.
- Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, banana and honey (optional) and allow it to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the quinoa flakes and stir continuously until fully combined.
- Add the cocoa and allow to simmer for a couple more minutes until fully combined and porridge begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and set aside, top with some toasted nuts, chia or berries
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website