Zucchini & halloumi fritters with green beans & rocket
During summer, zucchinis are so delicious. Being so versatile, they inspire so many amazing, healthy meals. This recipe is by Bodypass founder and nutritionist, Carla McMillan and available now at The Cook’s Grocer.
“I like to eat a mostly plant based diet and I find I’m constantly inspired by middle eastern cooking. Their use of fresh seasonal produce and no fuss techniques make throwing something healthy together so easy. This meal makes for a perfect light mid week dinner” says Carla.
2 x medium zucchini
1 small brown onion
2 sprigs parsley
2 tbsp buckwheat flour or gluten free cornflour
1 free range egg
1 long red chilli
2 tbsp tahini
100g green beans
8 cherry tomatoes
- Grate the zucchini and onion, squeezing out the excess liquid.
- Combine in a bowl with grated halloumi, roughly chopped parsley and finely chopped deseeded chilli (to your taste).
- Mix in the egg, flour, salt and pepper.
- Bring a pot of water to boil with a pinch of salt. Top and tail beans.
- Blanch beans for two minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan on medium to low heat with enough coconut or olive oil to generously cover the base.
- Add approximately two tablespoons of the mixture to make each fritter. Gently push the fritter down to flatten. Cook for approximately three to four minutes on each side until golden brown. Once cooked, place fritters on paper towel and cover with foil to keep them warm.
- In a bowl combine two tablespoons of tahini, a tablespoon of warm water, a drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine well. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and combine with rocket and beans.
- Plate fritters with salad and pour over the dressing.
To see what else is on the menu this week visit www.thecooksgrocer.com.au
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website