Zucchini noodles with grilled haloumi recipe
Zucchini noodles or ‘zoodles’ are simply raw zucchini made with a spiraliser or vegetable peeler. For this recipe you then toss them with cherry tomatoes, Sicilian olives, grilled halloumi and a lemon dressing.
20 Minutes. Serves 2. Vegetarian.
12 Sicilian green olives
2 tablespoons pine nuts
12 cherry tomatoes
- Bring a fry pan to a medium heat. Once hot add pine nuts and dry roast until they begin to brown shake pan for all over colour – be careful not to burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using a potato peeler or zoodler, make zucchini ribbons or noodles. Crush olive with a fork and remove pip. Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Combine zucchini, olives and cherry tomatoes in a bowl with a generous drizzle of olive oil, juice of the lemon, salt and pepper.
- Cut haloumi into 1 cm thick pieces. Bring the same fry pan to a medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Place haloumi in pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Place zoodle salad on plates then top with pine nuts and haloumi.
ABOUT THE COOK’S GROCER
The Cook’s Grocer makes cooking easy. Each week they produce a menu of healthy, ready to cook meals containing the finest locally sourced ingredients and simple to follow recipes, all designed to be to cooked in 30 minutes. Each meal is hand packed and measured to exact portions ensuring the highest quality and no waste.
Get $35 off your first order with code SAVE35
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website