Australia’s biggest and best half marathon returns to Sydney
What: Australia’s largest and most prestigious half marathon event, The Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon is back! Starting and finishing in Hyde Park, the 21km route takes in The Rocks, Pyrmont Peninsula and iconic Sydney views including the Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
When : Sunday 21st May, 2017
Where: Hyde Park, Sydney.
How: Early bird entries are now open and cost $95 (until March 21). Second release tickets cost $105 (March 22 – May 9) and final release tickets cost $120 (May 10 – May 20). For more information and to register, head here.
WIN 2 FREE PASSES!
We’re giving one of you the chance to WIN a double pass (up to the value of $190) to the @smhhalfmarathon, on 21st May 2017.
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. This is a Game of Chance.
- The promoter (Promoter) is Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd (ABN: 33 003 357 720) of 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009 (Fairfax).
- Entry to this promotion is open to Australian residents aged 13 or older with a valid Australian postal address. However, directors, employees and their immediate families of Fairfax and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter. Entrants under 18 years of age must have parental consent to enter and to utilise the prize.
- The promotion commences on 2nd February 2017 at 12:00am (AEST) and concludes on 16th February 2017 at 11:59pm (AEST) (Promotion Period). No entries will be accepted after this time. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- Entrants may enter as many times as they wish, but only 1 winner will be selected.
- The winner will be randomly picked by Fairfax at Wharf 10, 52 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009 on 17th February 2017.
- The promotion will be featured on the Bodypass Facebook page. To enter the promotion, entrants must, during the Promotion Period, use their Facebook page to (1) like the “juice daily” Facebook page and (2) share the Bodypass Facebook post featuring the promotion on their own Facebook page.
- Entrants who submit entries that contain inappropriate text will be disqualified automatically.
- The Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Prize is not exchangeable, refundable or transferable and may not be used as part payment of another offer. The Prize cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- All entries must be received by 11:59pm (AEST) on 16th February 2017.
- The winner will be notified via email along with further instructions on how to collect their prize within 2 days of the draw.
- Should an original winner not contact the promoter via return email to claim their prize by 4pm AEST, 2nd March 2017, the prize will be forfeited and no cash or other alternative will be offered. Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, a second draw will take place at Fairfax Media Life & Events, Wharf 10, 55 Pirrama Road Pyrmont 2009 on 3rd March 2017 at 11am AEST. The winner of the second draw will be notified by email and instructions on how to collect the prize. Should the winner not respond via return email by 10th March 2017 at 10am AEST, the prize will be forfeited and no cash or other alternative will be offered.
- The prize is two passes to enter the SMH Half Marathon which is taking place in Sydney on 21st May 2017. The prize will be fulfilled by delivery of a promotional code which will enable the winner to register themself and one other person to enter the SMH Half Marathon at no cost.
- The total prize value is up to $190.
- The prize does not include travel or transport. The winner is responsible for their own travel arrangements to and from the location of the SMH Half Marathon.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the
- Promoter in its absolute discretion. Full terms and conditions of entry to the SMH Half Marathon are available at http://smhhalfmarathon.com.au/event-terms-conditions.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual or team who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserve the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual or team who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
- Entrant’s social media account details and entry details (including any personal information provided) will be collected by Fairfax and may be shared with employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or external service providers in relation to the promotion and more broadly for the operation of our websites or our business and marketing.
- The Promoter will collect your personal information to enable you to participate in this promotion and to distribute the prize but no further use of this information will be made without your prior consent.
- This promotion is using Facebook. However, this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Each entrant agrees to release Facebook from any liability in respect of the promotion of this competition on Facebook. Fairfax agrees and each entrant must agree to adhere to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php#promotionsguidelines.
- Authorised under permit number: LTPM/17/01464
Liked this? Read these!
Got something to say? Get it off your chest here
The Juice Daily is a Fairfax Media owned website